Do you want to keep an Arm’s Length Distance from the Income Tax Department?
Obviously the Answer is YES!!! But the question here is HOW???
Here are a list of expenses/ investments, which at any point of time performed by you may invite undue attention from the Income tax Personnel.
1) Depositing Cash aggregating to Rs.10 Lacs p.a. in your Savings Bank Account.
2) Making Credit Card Payments of more than Rs.2 Lacs p.a.
3) Investment in Mutual Fund Units worth more than Rs. 2 Lacs.
4) Investment in Debentures/ Bonds, amounting more than Rs. 5 Lacs
5) Investment in Shares worth more than Rs. 1 Lakh.
6) Investment in Gold ETF worth more than Rs. 1 Lakh.
7) Investment in RBI Bonds worth more than Rs. 5 Lacs.
8) Purchase / Sale of any Immovable Property exceeding Rs.30 Lacs.
9) Receipt of Cash Payment exceeding Rs.2 Lacs for sale of any goods/ services.
10) Cash deposits or withdrawals aggregating to Rs 50 lakh or more in a financial year in one or more Current Account.
The Next question which may strike us, is how does the Income tax Personnel get to know about all these activities.
To keep an eye on such high value transactions of the tax payers, the IT Department has developed a statement of financial transactions called Annual Information Report (AIR).
On the basis of this AIR, the department shortlists their targets and further sends them a notice.
What do you mean by a Annual Information Report.
Annual Information Return (AIR) of ‘high value financial transactions’ is required to be furnished under section 285 BA of the Income-tax Act, 1961 by ‘specified persons’ in respect of ‘specified transactions’ registered or recorded by them during the financial year.
Who provides the high value transaction information to prepare the AIR.
☆ Mutual Fund Companies
☆ Companies Issuing Bonds/ Debentures
☆ Companies issuing shares
☆ Credit Card Companies
☆ Sub- registrar offices on real estate deals.
How can I trace my High Value Transactions reported under AIR.
The assesse can trace his/ her high value transactions reported under AIR, in their 26AS Report under AIR section. Any transaction of the assesse which has been categorized as a High Value Transaction, will be reflected therein.
–END OF ARTICLE–
Laqshya Institute of Skills Training ( www.laqshya.in ) is one of the pioneer institute providing quality practical training in the field of IT & Non-IT Sector. Our specialised training programs are most suitable for Fresher Students (Internship Programs) as well as for Working Professionals (Practical Training Programs).
Following are our Contact Details for Enquiry & Visit :
Helpline : 8976789830 | 8080480427 | 022-28114695
Web: www.laqshya.in | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org